FORUMS: list search recent posts

Varicam 2700 Syncro Shutter issue

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Rachal
Varicam 2700 Syncro Shutter issue
on Jan 22, 2009 at 4:49:58 pm

Can anyone else duplicate this scenario and report?

Varicam 2700

MENU-> MAIN MENU-> CAM OPERATION->SHUTTER SPEED -> SYNCRO SCAN: ON

MENU-> MAIN MENU-> CAM OPERATION->SHUTTER SPEED -> SYNCRO SCAN2: ON

Enable the SYNCRO SCAN by switching the shutter toggle down, so the single triangle appears in the viewfinder, indication SYNCRO SCAN mode is on.

When I press the SYNCRO SCAN adjustment buttons ( + - ) on the body of the camera, I get no change in the shutter operation. No change in the Viewfinder display, and no change in exposure.

If I switch the shutter toggle down once, to invoke SYNCRO SCAN2 mode (2 triangles in the VF) and I press the SYNCRO SCAN adjustment buttons, I get new shutter speeds, indicated by a fraction of a second, and my exposure changes as I would expect.

If I then switch the shutter toggle down through the defined shutter speeds position 1-6, back to SYNCRO SCAN mode, again, any adjustments to the SYNCRO SCAN adjustment buttons have no effect.

Condensed version: My SYNCRO SCAN2 (Fractions) works, SYNCRO SCAN (Degrees) does not.

Am I missing something elementary?

If no one can reproduce this, I'll contact Panasonic Tech support.

Thanks

-Scott

Return to posts index

Robin Probyn
Re: Varicam 2700 Syncro Shutter issue
on Jan 23, 2009 at 1:25:54 am

Dont that camera,but my HDX900 has two shutter menus, shutter speed AND also shutter select.You can have a shutter speed selected,but if its not switched on,in the other menu,if wont work..

Just a thought...

Return to posts index

Bobby Holbrook II
Re: Varicam 2700 Syncro Shutter issue
on Jan 30, 2009 at 3:57:05 pm

Young Grass Hoppa, You have much to learn.

Chief Editor/Cinematographer
P2 University Grad.
Holbrook Multi-Media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]