FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mic level high direct to HDX900

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robin Probyn
Mic level high direct to HDX900
on Dec 1, 2008 at 1:47:28 am

I have put this question on the audio forum.. but actually maybe better on the camera forum..

Just wondered if this is normal for HDX900... unlike my Sony camera DVW 790.. when going direct into camera.. radio mic,and 416, separate channels .. levels are really high... with rear XLR set to mic level for the radio,and mic +48 for the 416.The radio mic isnt line level.

Both levels are fine,direct into the Sony.. at same rear XLR settings..

One soundman told me that Panasonic camera,s are like this? presuming he meant HDX900 and Varicam.

Has anyone else had the same thing?

Yes I know,and do usually have a sound recordist.. but this was a very quick interview,with little warning.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Ernie Santella
Re: Mic level high direct to HDX900
on Dec 1, 2008 at 3:32:10 am

Robin,

In the Main Menu - VTR Menu - Mic Audio 2, you can set levels for Mic and Line inputs. You can change the Pad amounts. Not a big range, but some adjustment.

Hope that helps.

Ernie Santella
Santella Productions Inc.
http://www.santellaproductions.com

Return to posts index

Robin Probyn
on Dec 1, 2008 at 3:44:38 am

ah! good point... never thought of that.. my digibeta doesnt have that option in a menu.. would have to remember to change it back too..

So what is the point of the switch above the rear XLR I wonder?

But thanks.. hadnt thought of that at all

Return to posts index

Robin Probyn
on Dec 1, 2008 at 3:56:12 am

Just had a look,see what you mean now...

Wouldnt changing the input level from -60 to -50 actually make the signal hotter.. or have I got it the wrong way round?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Ernie Santella
on Dec 1, 2008 at 4:01:17 am

Yes, it would. Wasn't sure what it was set at. But you can adjust the line level quite a bit. Does your wireless have a line/mic switch? Most do.

Lastly, you can also control the mic input level with the control on the side of the camera. That should help.

Ernie Santella
Santella Productions Inc.
http://www.santellaproductions.com

Return to posts index

Robin Probyn
on Dec 1, 2008 at 4:10:16 am

Hi there

Yes thanks.. was already set to -60... radio mic is only mic level out.. its not an exp one.. small Sony one but works well with a decent mic,the one it comes with is rubbish,but I use it with a COS11,and works ok.

The transmitter has an attenuator function in 3 db steps... I guess that would be the best way? yes I used the camera side panel control.. but had to put it way down... just wondered as with my Sony digibeta,when the rear XLR switch is set to mic.. the camera side panel control pretty much stays around the same position..

But the HDX seems much more sensitive to mic input?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]