FORUMS: list search recent posts

Matching HDX900 with HVX200

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Starr
Matching HDX900 with HVX200
on Jun 3, 2008 at 2:38:08 pm

I will be shooting a two person interview with two cameras using the HDX900 and HVX200. Are there any settings or other considerations I should take into account to get as close a match as possible for the two cameras? I realize they are two very different cameras with different size chips and lenses, but I am asking for advice to get as close a match given these differences. Thanks much!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Matching HDX900 with HVX200
on Jun 3, 2008 at 3:13:37 pm

Best advice is get a very high end production monitor with good scopes. That's the only way to get them as close as possible in production, then further that in post with color correction. I would imagine they could be matched quite well. I'd put the HVX200 on the closer shot as it has the lower quality optics in a wide compared to the HDX900.

Noah

My FCP Blog. Unlock the secrets of the DVX100, HVX200 and Apple Color and Win a Free Letus Extreme.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

George Griswold
Re: Matching HDX900 with HVX200
on Jun 6, 2008 at 8:08:27 pm

The best thing you can do if you can't really take the time to match them with all the requisite gear is to shoot at a minimum the McBeth color checker with each. Ideally you would get your hands on the best DSC chart you can find locally and shoot each with the same exposure so your (the) editor can do some quick color adjustments to the HVX200 video using a vectorscope calibration.

If you don't have a DSC target shoot a few takes of the same subjects with a good range of colors on a lockdown shot for matching.

George

George Griswold
http://www.videonow.info
New Orleans, Louisiana

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]