FORUMS: list search recent posts

59.97 hz vs 60 hz

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alejandro Marin
59.97 hz vs 60 hz
on Apr 17, 2008 at 4:35:19 am

I just got finished shooting for a client with the varicam. They requested I shoot 25p at 60 hz scanning frequency to facility converting to pal for whatever reason. I gave the same camera to my partner to shoot for another client on a separate job and forgot to switch back to 59.97 hz thinking when he put in the SD card and switched the scene file that it would reset. Well, I found out it doesn't reset when switching scene files and he shot all this footage at 24p but at 60 hz frequency. The client has now walked away with the tapes and will be logging and digitizing footage tomorrow. Should I expect a phone call from them saying the footage is all f@#%#! UP! I'm concerned, but how much of a difference can .03 make in the big scheme of things. HELP!

Thanks

Jandro

Return to posts index

john sharaf
Re: 59.97 hz vs 60 hz
on Apr 17, 2008 at 5:22:09 am

You will definately be receiving a phone call telling you that the audio is out of sync. You should cut the call off at the past and tell the client of the problem in advance. Perhaps Gary A. will chime in with the fix; I believe an adjustment of the sound track length will fix. Basically the picture will import as if it's 23.97 and the audio will need a similar adjustment.

JS

Return to posts index

Alejandro Marin
Re: 59.97 hz vs 60 hz
on Apr 18, 2008 at 1:00:38 am

thanks I hope gary A. will confirm this. but I'll be passing this on to the client for the time being. Oh well. Learned a lesson there.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]