FORUMS: list search recent posts

GH4 4K Wide Angle: Tokina 11-16mm w/ Metabones Speedbooster OR Olympus 12mm MFT Prime???

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nayeli Garci-Crespo
GH4 4K Wide Angle: Tokina 11-16mm w/ Metabones Speedbooster OR Olympus 12mm MFT Prime???
on Dec 21, 2015 at 6:28:56 pm

Anybody out there who has shot 4K on the GH4 with both the Tokina 11-16mm (Nikon mount version)/Speedbooster and an Olympus 12mm MFT prime that could tell me how they compare in terms of sharpness, color, etc.?

If my calculations are correct, I believe the Tokina at 16mm would give close to the same FOV than the Olympus (26mm vs. 27.6mm).

Trying to make a quick decision for an end-of-year purchase and would appreciate any input!

Nayeli

Return to posts index

Bill Bruner
Re: GH4 4K Wide Angle: Tokina 11-16mm w/ Metabones Speedbooster OR Olympus 12mm MFT Prime???
on Dec 29, 2015 at 7:57:06 pm

I have a GH4, but haven't shot with those specific setups. That said, there are several examples you can look at to get an idea which lens you prefer:

Shot with Tokina 11-16mm f2.8 and Speedbooster:

DELTA - AFTERMOVIE - DJ ANTOINE by VENOMPICTURES

[Test] Tokina 11-16mm lens test // GH4: Tokina 11-16 by Kusushiro0322

Shot with Oly 12mm f2 (due to its compact form factor and light weight, this lens is really popular for aerial and gimbal shooters):

Jukola Start 2014 - Kuopio, Finland by KopterCam

Jukola Start 2014 - Kuopio, Finland by KopterCam

Skatepark. Ronin and GH4 by Pixelwork

Personally, even though it will cost you $94 more, my vote would be for the $418 Nikon mount Tokina plus a $475 Speed Booster XL for the added flexibility provided by the zoom.

Hope this is helpful and Happy New Year!

Bill
Hybrid Camera Revolution

Return to posts index

Al Bergstein
Re: GH4 4K Wide Angle: Tokina 11-16mm w/ Metabones Speedbooster OR Olympus 12mm MFT Prime???
on Sep 29, 2016 at 4:56:08 am

So how did you work out on this purchase? I shoot mainly with the GH4 and the Olympus 12. I love the combination. I have a speed booster but use it with Canon lenses.

Al

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]