FORUMS: list search recent posts

Split Clips - joining/merging them..

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Francis
Split Clips - joining/merging them..
on Oct 6, 2015 at 3:26:07 pm

Hi All,

Sorry if this has been answered, I am a newbie to this forum. I have a GH4 that creates new clips past the 4GB, (MP4 is what I am working with) I am sure you all know this. My other Canon cameras the that do the same thing but it has software that will join the clips on import.
I am looking for software that will join these clips in a Windows environment. I have looked for hours online trying to find something that will not re-encode the clips to do this. I believe ffmpeg does this as well, but I am clueless how to use it as there is not a GUI and I have never spent time in a cmd prompt environment.
ANY help would be greatly appreciated and if it is using a cmd prompt I would need detailed help.

Here is what I have tried so far...

I have tried to concatenate them from a command prompt, tried Avidemux and tried to wrap my brain around ffmpeg with no good results.

I use Vegas but sees my files and will open them, but it extents the video about 3 times the length of the audio, in addition, butting them up against one another in Vegas (after I make the video the proper length) still causes a blip as if there is a frame or two missing, and also with the audio. Trying to import them in Vegas does not show 1 clip but the same number as in the folder (I have been through this process before on this forum and I keep the entire SD card structure as well).

Avidemux will join the files, but the audio cuts in and out (rhythmically) and is out of sync as well.

Trying a cmd prompt creates a small 114kb file instead of joining the clips together.

I have no clue how to use ffmpeg and have tried various other programs to no luck (virtualdub, MP4 joiner, etc).

I do NOT want to re-encode the files and have joined .mts files with luck using both Avidemux and tsMUXER as well.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated and really needed as well, kinda at my wits end.
If this would include an ffmpeg solution, I would need it to be detailed as I am not understanding how it works at all.

Thanks is advance for any help!!

Xavier (Scott) Francis
Mind's Eye Audio/Video Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]