FORUMS: list search recent posts

GH4 vs GH4R vs Atomos Ninja Assassin

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Will Chamberlin
GH4 vs GH4R vs Atomos Ninja Assassin
on Oct 26, 2015 at 5:31:29 pm

With the new V-Log L update for the GH4/R I'm trying to work out the best set up before I invest in some gear.

Does the V-Log L capabilities of the GH4 now negate the need for an external recorder like the Ninja Assassin?

I don't need over 30 minutes of recording so would the GH4 with the firmware update be a solid option for 4K video without having to splash extra for the GH4R and even MORE with the Atomos?

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
Re: GH4 vs GH4R vs Atomos Ninja Assassin
on Oct 30, 2015 at 10:54:19 pm

[Will Chamberlin] "Does the V-Log L capabilities of the GH4 now negate the need for an external recorder like the Ninja Assassin?"

No. If you want/need an external recorder, V-log doesn't change that.

[Will Chamberlin] "I don't need over 30 minutes of recording so would the GH4 with the firmware update be a solid option for 4K video without having to splash extra for the GH4R and even MORE with the Atomos?"

My understanding is that the GH4R is just a GH4 with the V-log firmware pre-installed. You don't have to get everything all at once. Get the GH4 and do some shooting. If you want the V-log then add that. If you decide later that you want external recording, then buy the Ninja Assassin.

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media
Video production... with style!

Check out my Mormon.org profile.

Return to posts index

Al Bergstein
Re: GH4 vs GH4R vs Atomos Ninja Assassin
on Dec 14, 2015 at 4:43:53 pm

Just to add to why you might want a Ninja, it's really nice, depending on your assignment, to have a larger monitor to assist with focus. Not sure the Ninja Prores output is going to be "better" than the AVCHD or MOV internally, but having 500GB of storage to spool to is really a nice feature. I don't have to worry about running out of storage, and I often plug it in if I'm shooting an event.

Al

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]