FORUMS: list search recent posts

GH4 An metabones Speedbooster Play

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vinnie Urgo
GH4 An metabones Speedbooster Play
on Apr 1, 2015 at 4:41:28 am

Hi I have just purchased a GH4 and metabones 4/3 to Canon speedbooster S model. $600 and it's quite loose on both sides.

I contacted Metabones they sent me a spare metal part that connects to the camera. This was appreciated but did not solve the issue.

Has anyone else had or heard of this problem? According to the internet there is NO PLAY with this product however I have some play on both sides. and it shows in the footage..

see video here...https://reels.creativecow.net/film/metabones-speedbooster-43-to-canon-loose...

Return to posts index

Matthew Sonnenfeld
Re: GH4 An metabones Speedbooster Play
on Apr 1, 2015 at 8:49:09 pm

Take the mount back to the shop where you got it and try another in the store before you take it home. It sounds like a manufacturer defect and you should have no problems exchanging it. If the problem continues contact meatiness regarding a possible bad batch on their end.

Try other adapters, possibly with different mounts and from different manufacturers to see if it might somehow be the camera mount itself instead of the adapter.

It's true that the Metabones mount should not have any play or at least be very minimal.

Co-President at fourB Productions, Inc.
Blackmagic Cinema Camera, RED Scarlet-X
2011 Macbook Pro 17", 2.3 Ghz Quad Core, 16GB RAM
2008 Mac Pro 2.6 Ghz 8 Core, 10GB RAM
AJA IoXT, Blackmagic Intensity Pro, Blackmagic Mini Monitor
Adobe Production Premium CC, Avid Media Composer 7, Final Cut Pro Studio 3

Return to posts index

Vinnie Urgo
on Apr 2, 2015 at 2:15:18 am

Thanks but I'm in Montana... no stores here. Only online shopping.

Did you see the video link? That shows the amount of play. Is that minimal? It show up in the footage when focusing. Super scary as I'm heading to Peru on sunday and this is probably not getting resolved by then..

Return to posts index

Matthew Sonnenfeld
on Apr 2, 2015 at 3:43:11 am

Honestly, it doesn't look like the lens is going to fall off. I've seen mounts with that much play if you really try to move it but in your video it is hard to tell how much force you are using. Still, it shouldn't be seen while focusing that's for sure. Sounds and looks to me like it doesn't fit properly. I would try and overnight a replacement and return the defective mount. If both are bad it's up to you how much trust you have in them traveling to Peru.

Co-President at fourB Productions, Inc.
Blackmagic Cinema Camera, RED Scarlet-X
2011 Macbook Pro 17", 2.3 Ghz Quad Core, 16GB RAM
2008 Mac Pro 2.6 Ghz 8 Core, 10GB RAM
AJA IoXT, Blackmagic Intensity Pro, Blackmagic Mini Monitor
Adobe Production Premium CC, Avid Media Composer 7, Final Cut Pro Studio 3

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]