FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compatible Lenses

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Hinkel
Compatible Lenses
on Dec 13, 2014 at 5:11:57 pm

I have some older manual K mount lenses that I used with a Ricoh XRM camera. Would these be suitable to use with the GH cameras with the proper adapter. What are the pros and cons if they are usable?

Return to posts index

Bill Bruner
Re: Compatible Lenses
on Dec 13, 2014 at 5:49:34 pm

Hi Mike - your lenses are easily adaptable with a $22 Pentax K to micro 4/3 adapter.

The pros are that adapters don't cost a lot of money and classic lenses can often produce interesting "looks" that are different from the look produced by modern lenses.

The only con is that you have to go back to manual focus and aperture adjustment. For some people, that may not be a "con".

Good luck and best of the holidays!

Bill
Hybrid Camera Revolution

Return to posts index

Mike Hinkel
on Dec 14, 2014 at 9:24:37 am

Thanks Bill. I am about to pull the trigger on a GH4. With prices being as they are it is good to realize my past investment into the lenses was not in vain. At some point I will catch up to auto focus lenses.

Return to posts index

R Neil Haugen
on Dec 20, 2014 at 6:05:26 am

I've found it quite intriguing (coming from a portrait stills pro background) how when digital first replaced film, we HAD to get new lenses optimized for digital cameras, and it did make a big difference in still camera images at that time. But that was SO last decade ...

Now, say, my D3 works quite well with my older Nikon lenses. And in video ... a LOT of people rave about using older Nikon, Pentax, and Minolta lenses for their smooth, not-looking-like-taped-video look. I've found that my old Nikon 50mm 1.2 and an 80 1.7 work beautifully on my GH3. And ... I've got an even older Minolta 80mm same that I've seen used by a few people on GH2/3/4, and wow ... I think I need to get a Minolta-to-M4/3 adapter also.

They don't cost a lot, just make sure you get one the exact depth so you can focus properly. My first one couldn't focus past 15 feet with the lens wide-open!

Neil

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]