FORUMS: list search recent posts

18-35mm f/1.8 with EF Metabones Speedbooster on GH4

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Grixti
18-35mm f/1.8 with EF Metabones Speedbooster on GH4
on Nov 5, 2014 at 4:25:19 am

Hello all!

I can't for the life of me work out if the 18-35mm f/1.8 with EF mount will work on the GH4 with a EF to MFT Metabones Speedbooster. Some places say that Sigma lenses will work on this adapter, but this conflicts with others saying that the 18-35mm f/1.8 is an EF-S lens and the Speedbooster only works with EF lenses. This is further confused by the fact that the 18-35mm f/1.8 is DC (digital crop) so people saying that it is an EF-S lens might be referring to the image circle and not the physical mount. Aaargh!

Could someone please help and tell me if the 18-35mm f/1.8 will work on a EF to MFT Metabones Speedbooster.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Bill Bruner
Re: 18-35mm f/1.8 with EF Metabones Speedbooster on GH4
on Nov 5, 2014 at 10:39:33 am

Hi Daniel - yes the Sigma 18-35mm f1.8 EF mount (as of this post, in stock for $812.60 at Texas Media Systems via eBay) is compatible with the GH4 and the $599 Metabones Canon EF to micro four thirds Speed Booster.

Here are a few examples of what the EF-mount Sigma can do when mounted on the GH4 with the EF to MFT Speed Booster:

Hope this is helpful!

Bill
Hybrid Camera Revolution

Return to posts index

Daniel Grixti
Re: 18-35mm f/1.8 with EF Metabones Speedbooster on GH4
on Nov 5, 2014 at 9:29:39 pm

Hi Bill,

That footage looks awesome! This lens will be going on my GH4 so I am extremely happy to hear that it will fit! Could I just clarify though, are you saying that any Sigma 18-35mm Canon mount will fit the Speedbooster, or has the lens on link you provided from Texas Media been modified in some way. I have read elsewhere that some EF-S lenses only have a little plastic stopper so that they can't fit on an EF mount which can easily be removed.

Thanks
Dan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]