FORUMS: list search recent posts

Panasonic HMC41 - Frame Rate Issue

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan Flint
Panasonic HMC41 - Frame Rate Issue
on Sep 25, 2014 at 6:07:32 pm

Hi,

I hope this query is in the right place, if not, I would be grateful if some kind soul would move it along for me.

I record church sermons using a Panasonic HMC41 camera, taking a component feed into a Hauppauge HD PVR 1212.

I have had this set up for about 2 years, and most recordings have been at 1280 x 720, with a frame rate of 50p (Double Pal). The resultant files are quite large, and are subsequently edited (using Sony Vegas Pro), rendered at 640 x 360, and then uploaded to the Internet (not YouTube). In trying to reduce the file size I have changed the setting in the camera to use a frame rate of 25p (normal PAL).

Looking at the component out setting in the camera, if I have understood it right, it says AUTO.

The source resolution in the video capture software still says that the resolution received from the camera is at a frame rate of 50p.

Any ideas why the selected frame rate of 25p is not showing in the video capture software? I really don't know what to try next, and am really puzzled, so any kind advice would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Alan
Derbyshire, UK

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]