FORUMS: list search recent posts

No playback audio

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gigi Harris
No playback audio
on Sep 9, 2014 at 10:14:11 pm

Hi,

I am a new GH4 owner and wedding videographer. Love the camera but am just starting to learn it. I am used to using the canon 70D and the .mov format that comes from that camera. Easy to edit in FCP 7 prores. The problem is, I am not sure what is comparable to that. .mov or Mp4LPCM. Now here is my problem. When shooting MP4 LPCM at FHD 100M 1920 by 1080 I get no audio on playback in camera or when viewing on mac (iMac i7, 32 gigs ram) computer in VLC or Quicktime X. When I shoot at MP4 LPCM at 50M I am able to hear audio on playback both in camera and on compurter. Please, can someone enlighten me on what I am doing wrong or a work around. Let alone .mov or .mov same problem. AVCHD is ok for weddings but will not due for commercial work where clients are requesting 4K.

gigih7

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: No playback audio
on Sep 10, 2014 at 9:01:51 am

Unfortunately FCP7 is not going to work with the GH4 very well due to it no longer being developed (for several years). I would suggest getting a hold of FCPX at least you'd be able to use it to convert to 4K ProRes.

Noah

FCPWORKS - FCPX Workflow
Call Box Training

Return to posts index

Gigi Harris
on Sep 10, 2014 at 6:35:55 pm

I have FCPX and just haven't learned it yet. I cant even view the non 4K footage, MP4LPCM 50M. Compressor 3 doesn't even recognize it and stream clip doesn't seem to recognize it as well. I want to convert it there so I can put it on my FCP 7 pro res timeline. I am finishing an 5 year old doc that is a FCP7 project with new GH4 footage shot 1080 3P MP4n LPCM 50m. Should download compressor 4.1 and convert there so I can use in FCP 7? I am going to learn FCP X but don't have time right now

gigih7

Return to posts index

Bill Bruner
on Sep 10, 2014 at 8:50:25 pm

Hi Gigi - so sorry to hear about your challenge. Any way to try Quicktime .mov or is it too late?

I bought the GH3 and GH4 to get away from AVCHD - I shoot Quicktime pretty much exclusively now, and it is a lot easier to deal with.

That said, .mov should play in FCP7 - it may be jerky, but it will play.

FCPX will solve your problem.

I never shoot MP4, so I don't know where your audio problem is coming from.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Bill
Hybrid Camera Revolution

Return to posts index

jeff openshaw
on Nov 8, 2015 at 2:04:45 am

My gh4 just started doing the same thing you are describing. This is a problem with the camera I believe. I am going to try and reset it in the settings to see if it fixes it. Let me know if you have solved this problem.

Thanks,
Jeff

Return to posts index

jeff openshaw
on Nov 8, 2015 at 2:16:27 am

You probably found the problem out since I see this post is over a year old. I discovered I turned on variable frame rate somehow which cuts the sound off.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]