FORUMS: list search recent posts

Limited Budget Live streaming method using Panasonic AGAC160

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kaoru Koike
Limited Budget Live streaming method using Panasonic AGAC160
on Jun 18, 2014 at 6:07:59 pm

I am trying to figure out the ways & the set up for the on-site streaming gig.
I am kind of new here and any suggestion or advice is appreciated :-)

I got a gig to live cast red carpet reporting on site via skype. (in Los Angeles)

There will be a mini studio set up at another location in Japan, and they will combine the skype footage and studio video together and stream it from the location in Japan.
I would also have to record the video onto SD card in the camera for later use (not the entire streaming footage, just interviews)

I have never done this and I am wondering what would be the best way to do this. I think the first priority here is the stability of the connection. I want to know if there is any way to stream it HD without compromising the connection stability.
Second goal is to minimize the cost as much as we can.

1. How do I connect my Panasonic AG-AC160 to skype (both video & audio from the camera)? I am assuming I need a capture card such as Blackmagic Intensity Extreme & laptop? (any other recommendations?)

2. What is the best way to get the internet connection established remotely?
I heard that there is a way to "combine" multiple commercial hotspot devices...
Please let me know if there are any low-high end options and what are their price ranges.

3. If anyone has used a LiveU backpack, does the IFB work to communicate with the studio in Japan? How bad is the delay?

4. Which site would be a better site than skype to send a video live to be mixed with the video in remote location and be streamed to the public site?
Please note, the mixing & the streaming of the multiple videos will be at the remote location in Japan.

Thank you and looking forward to hearing your thoughts and advices :-)

Return to posts index

Matthew Sonnenfeld
Re: Limited Budget Live streaming method using Panasonic AGAC160
on Jun 24, 2014 at 7:54:15 pm

Sounds like a job for the Matro MXO2 Mini. Great little capture card also built for love streaming and fully functional with Skype. It will use the HDMI output from your camera to bring into the computer. If you need to use the SDI for a longer cable run, you will need the Matrox MXO2 LE.

Co-President at fourB Productions, Inc.
Blackmagic Cinema Camera, RED Scarlet-X
2011 Macbook Pro 17", 2.3 Ghz Quad Core, 16GB RAM
2008 Mac Pro 2.6 Ghz 8 Core, 10GB RAM
AJA IoXT, Blackmagic Intensity Pro, Blackmagic Mini Monitor
Adobe Production Premium CC, Avid Media Composer 7, Final Cut Pro Studio 3

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved