FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best way to deliver raw AVCHD files to clients?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JamesRyan
Best way to deliver raw AVCHD files to clients?
on Feb 18, 2014 at 1:58:26 pm

I just bought two Panasonic AG-AC90 cameras to use for wedding videography. I don't do any editing. I just shoot the wedding and give my clients the raw footage. I'm trying to figure out what the best/most economical way to do this would be. I'm really behind the times on technology. I work on a Macbook Pro and I want to be able to deliver the footage so that my clients will be able to edit it themselves. I'd like to give them the original AVCHD files as well. I don't know if I should give them them the files on a bunch of DVDs or an external drive or something else. I'd also like to give them the raw footage to watch directly on their DVD player. I've wondered about whether or not I should use Blue-Ray too. I need to be able to deliver the raw footage files to both Mac and Windows people. Any advice would be so greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Best way to deliver raw AVCHD files to clients?
on Apr 1, 2014 at 5:21:44 pm

I'd suggest offering them everything nicely arranged in folders on a portable hard drive that you loan them or rent them. Making the dailies all onto a viewable DVD is definitely going to be more work and I wouldn't suggest offering this for free.

Noah

Call Box Training.
Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Panasonic AC160/130.

Return to posts index

JamesRyan
Re: Best way to deliver raw AVCHD files to clients?
on Apr 2, 2014 at 3:20:21 am

Thanks Noah! Yeah, I've decided to give them everything on an external drive, both the original AVCHD files and everything also in MP4 so no one has any playback issues. So far, it's been working out okay. Yeah, I'm not going to get into burning DVDs if I don't have to. Thanks again!

James

James Ryan Films
http://www.jamesryanfilms.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]