FORUMS: list search recent posts

Panasonic AG-HMC82EN - fell into water and doesn't work after repairs - any ideas what can be done?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sapna Shahani
Panasonic AG-HMC82EN - fell into water and doesn't work after repairs - any ideas what can be done?
on Feb 2, 2014 at 6:15:46 am

Hi everyone,
I know this forum is meant to discuss other cameras but I didn't know where else to seek advice.

I fell into a pool while shooting a music concert in the evening when it was dark last month. We dried up the camera (even put it in a bag of rice overnight) and sent it to the service centre a couple times but both times it worked initially and then buttons started malfunctioning.

The camera isn't mine but was rented when the accident took place. I plan to pay the owner cash for the value of a used camera in working condition. But I'm wondering what I should do with the damaged one? Should I have the circuitry replaced entirely or sell it for scrap value?

Does anyone know about the mechanics of this camera or has anyone had a similar thing happen to them? Would love to hear your experiences because this is a really expensive proposition for me and I'd like to salvage the camera for as much possible worth. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Panasonic AG-HMC82EN - fell into water and doesn't work after repairs - any ideas what can be done?
on May 30, 2014 at 5:53:33 pm

Ouch- I'm assuming you already worked this out. Next time- production insurance and more caution on set with rental gear. Sounds like a total loss...

Noah

Call Box Training.
Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Panasonic AC160/130.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]