FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looking for suggestions with Panasonic HDX900 and HD output capabilities for shooting...

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Drew Smith
Looking for suggestions with Panasonic HDX900 and HD output capabilities for shooting...
on Apr 6, 2013 at 5:21:09 am

Hope this is the right forum!

I recently produced a film using the Panasonic HDX900 and chose the camera because the intent was to shoot the film in 1080i for TV, however, we have expanded into Blu-ray/DVD, as well as made an attempt to deliver to iTunes in HD but have not been successful because of the interlaced image.

I am looking at shooting a second film and would like a true 1080p film when finished.

My question is: Can the Panasonic HDX900 record 1080p to tape? I have read forum posts saying that it's possible to capture 1080p with this camera using a nanoflash, however our director/editor does not want to use the nanoflash and would prefer to use tape. I haven't had much luck getting a straight answer about this. I'd appreciate any help, thanks!!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Looking for suggestions with Panasonic HDX900 and HD output capabilities for shooting...
on Apr 6, 2013 at 6:09:04 am

Quick glance on the specs page says yes but why not call your dealer if you're concerned. Also just an FYI- every last narrative show on TV is 1080/24p these days... at least in the US.

Noah

Call Box Training.
Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Panasonic AC160/130.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]