FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVX-100 workflow, past client returns and wants...

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Laughlin
DVX-100 workflow, past client returns and wants...
on Mar 25, 2013 at 3:16:55 pm

Guys,

Hey, I'm re-capturing some mini-DV tapes from a past client project, years ago, and they want to re-use some of the content shot. Since it has been forever since I've done all this, muscle memory is gone.

Workflow:
1.) Capturing in FCP7.
2.)Do I drag the clips captured to time-line? The time-line says "Do You Want to Match the Clip Settings?", I press yes.. (?)
3.) The "Time-line Settings" are Codec DV/DVCPro, NTSC 3:2, 29.97 (shot 60i), and it was 4x3 with a black letterbox, so I un-clicked 'anamorphic 16x9', so this image is still at 4x3, with black bars.

Questions:
1.) When I add or update the text in the video and export same as source, the .mov file text is crappy quality and the video is a little grainy. I exported out a test using H.264, Best Quality, 29.97, using QT conversion, etc, and it looked slightly better, more clear. When I export this video, what do I need to do? This will be going to YouTube and to a new and updated DVD. I know crap in, crap out, but just want to try and maintain some great quality, and can't remember what the workflow was in setting up edits using DVX footage, ingesting, time-line settings, and exporting and maintaining quality. Please help!

Thanks,

Tom

Tom Laughlin
Producer/Editor
Digital Chop House
Salt Lake City, Utah

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: DVX-100 workflow, past client returns and wants...
on Mar 27, 2013 at 10:17:08 pm

Try going out to ProRes. It's DV NTSC 720x480 so anything on top of that is going to be a degradation of quality.

Noah

Call Box Training.
Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Panasonic AC160/130.

Return to posts index

Tom Laughlin
Re: DVX-100 workflow, past client returns and wants...
on Apr 19, 2013 at 5:35:14 pm

I captured the tape, exported a same as source 720x480 QT file, letterboxed. QT player says it is 640x480... It also doesn't look a clear and clean, as when i export using QT conversion and change it to a true 720x480p .mov, but it looks about 10-15% wider than the 640x480 and though slightly wider, the detail is sharper, help?!!

Tom Laughlin
Producer/Editor
Digital Chop House
Salt Lake City, Utah

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]