FORUMS: list search recent posts

HMC 150 Projected Computer Flicker

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Randy Champion
HMC 150 Projected Computer Flicker
on Mar 19, 2013 at 5:55:40 pm

I searched and could not find info in the archives. If there is info available, please steer me there.

I absolutely LOVE my 150. The results I am getting now are so much better. I was shooting a guy giving a presentation. I was shooting 720/30p at 1/60 shutter, 2.8 iris as the room was not overly bright. He was using a lap top connected to a color projector and was walking back and forth so on occasion I would catch part of his projected image on the wall. The image flickered and and is very noriceable. I went to a slower speed and cranked down the iris, but it was srill there. At 120/sec it was still there, but shooting with the iris wide open it was too dark. I really didn't want to mess with the gain as I not a fan due to the graininess issue. So I shot the whole thing at 1/60. What settings should I be at to eliminate the projected computer image flickering?

Not all who wander are lost.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: HMC 150 Projected Computer Flicker
on Mar 23, 2013 at 10:01:03 pm

Depends entirely on the screen and its scanning frequency. Check in your manual regarding the syncro scan function:

SYNCRO SCAN
(Camera)
Adjusts the synchro scan shutter speed used for shooting images on a TV screen, etc.
Holding the Operation lever toward the  or  will cause the values to change at a faster rate.
• 60P/60i:
1/60.0...1/249.8 (Factory default setting is 1/48.0)
• 30P: 1/30.0...1/48.0...1/249.8
• 24P: 1/24.0...1/48.0...1/249.8

Noah

Call Box Training.
Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Panasonic AC160/130.

Return to posts index

Randy Champion
on Mar 25, 2013 at 4:10:03 pm

Ah, so THAT is what Syncro Scan is for! Thanks. I'll play with it and see what works. I'm concerned over what actual shutter speed will work for both the projection and the low light shooting of the presenter as well. Hopefully I can find a setting that will satisfy both requirements.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Mar 25, 2013 at 10:46:23 pm

Yeah it's a very subtle thing- which is way it adjusts I believe in 10's of a second or something along those lines. You'll be able to see exactly where the right setting is on your viewfinder. Just zoom into the screen so you can clearly see it, and you should only have to set it once per screen.

Noah

Call Box Training.
Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Panasonic AC160/130.

Return to posts index

Randy Champion
on Mar 26, 2013 at 10:40:11 pm

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]