FORUMS: list search recent posts

HMC 150 and WFM

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Randy Champion
HMC 150 and WFM
on Jan 16, 2013 at 5:20:09 pm

I did an interview shoot this morning and these are my settings. I was shooting 1080/60i, shutter 1/100, f2.8, darker flourescent lit room so I set the Gain to 6dB. I turned on the WFM to see how it would look and noticed a nice spread but it was moving on a static shot. There was absolutely no camera movement or background movement as the interviewee had not arrived. I was simply shooting the set to get levels and the WFM was moving up and down +-3. Of course it showed up on the playback as getting lighter and darker. Is there something wrong with my settings? Why is the camera trying to lighten and darken? It happens on either AF or manual. If I set 250 on the shutter it becomes more pronounced +-5 to 6. However, if I select "Shutter Off" the problem goes away. Should I leave it off and just mess with the iris for light control? When would I want to use a different shutter speed than the default and will I have this problem if I do?

Return to posts index

Jan Crittenden Livingston
Re: HMC 150 and WFM
on Jan 20, 2013 at 1:45:43 pm

The flourescent lights are causing the pulsations. Set your shutter speed to be something other than a derivative of the electrical current. So if you are in a 60 HZ set it to 1/50th or if you are in 50Hz country set to 1/60th. I am assuming because you are experiencing this at 1/100th you are in a 50Hz country.

Good Luck,

Jan

Jan Crittenden Livingston
Product Manager, AVCCAM, AG-3DA1, AG-AF100
Panasonic Broadcast & TV Systems

Return to posts index

Randy Champion
Re: HMC 150 and WFM
on Jan 21, 2013 at 11:03:19 pm

No, I am in the US. I'm not sure it is pulsing, it's a 2-3 second rise and fall of signal levels in WFM. I thought pulsing was much faster than that, like the flicker you get from an LED light or computer monitor. It fluctuates 3-6% but it takes a few seconds to do so, so as you watch the playback it gets lighter then darker then back to lighter in about 3 seconds. I will try your suggestion and see if it makes a difference.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]