FORUMS: list search recent posts

HMC150 batteries

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Randy Champion
HMC150 batteries
on Dec 14, 2012 at 11:54:12 pm

I just inherited a brand new, still in the sealed box, HMC150 and as it didn't cost me a nickel I'm pretty stoked. I know I'm gonna have to buy some accessories, but my question is this (and I have not been able to find an answer online): Will I be able to use the CGA-D54s batteries from my old AG-DVC80? They are Panasonic originals, 7.2v 5400mAh and not aftermarket rip-offs. I haven't tried them yet, but was wondering if they would work.
BTW, I heard that if you use nonPanasonic batteries the camera can "record" that and a technician can tell if you did when you take it in for service. I also heard that it would void the warranty, is that correct?

Return to posts index

Guy McLoughlin
Re: HMC150 batteries
on Dec 16, 2012 at 4:03:49 pm

Nope.

The HMC-150 uses the newer style Panasonic VW-VBG6PPK batteries. Many of the newer Panasonic Prosumer cameras use this battery.

Return to posts index

Randy Champion
on Dec 17, 2012 at 10:28:51 pm

Dang, I've got 4 or 5 of the big 5400mAh batteries. Nice paper weights I suppose. Thanks for your help. Should I use strictly Panasonic brand or are there other brands that are reputable and won't void the camera's warranty?

Return to posts index

Guy McLoughlin
on Dec 17, 2012 at 11:30:41 pm

I recommend buying the brand name Panasonic batteries, as I find the brand name batteries hold more charge and generally last longer than the third party batteries.

If you are lucky you might be able to find some used.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]