FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fast and Efficient Workflow for AF100 Needed

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wes Browning
Fast and Efficient Workflow for AF100 Needed
on Nov 14, 2012 at 7:09:48 pm

Ever since I purchased my AF100, I've struggled to find a workflow that meets my needs. Primarily, I'm concerned with reviewing material on location in quick and timely manner that also benefits me in post.

Before the AF100, I used the Sony PMW-EX1 and EX3. They're great cameras and offer 2 major benefits that I can't seem to replicate on the AF100…

• Review footage in the field via a library/viewer, from multiple cards, in a quick manner (and ability to sort)
  • Consecutive file numbering across cards, formatting, etc. I could set the number counter to anything on the EX1, which means that I wasn't concerned with duplicate file names in a project.

• Solutions Attempted...
  • I've tried ClipWrap, but the wraps are still slow when I view them in Premiere. I don't have time to transcode in the field.
  • I have a file renamer for the finder ("Better Renamer 9") but its too time consuming and too many steps to mess with in the field
  • Mountain Lion (the current Mac OS I'm running) complicates my process because it views the AVCHD folder as a file. Yes, I know I can right click to view the package, but time consuming to drill down multiple levels in the field across reels.

• Return to posts index

Matthew Sonnenfeld
    Re: Fast and Efficient Workflow for AF100 Needed
    on Nov 16, 2012 at 3:47:34 pm

I don't have an AF100 myself but I was always a fan of P2CMS for my HPX170. Have you tried Panasonic's own AVCCAM Viewer?

http://eww.pass.panasonic.co.jp/pro-av/support/content/download/EN/avcview....

Panasonic HPX170, Canon 7D
    2011 Macbook Pro 17", 2.3 Ghz Quad Core, 16GB RAM
    AJA IoXT
    Adobe Production Premium CS6, Avid Symphony 6, Final Cut Pro Studio 3
    The College of William and Mary

Return to posts index

Guy McLoughlin
    Re: Fast and Efficient Workflow for AF100 Needed
    on Nov 16, 2012 at 6:54:37 pm

- Final Cut X can read/edit AVCHD files natively

- Portable Blu-Ray players with an SD card slot can play AVCHD files natively

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
    © 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
    [TOP]