FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using AF100 in Final Cut X with Mountain Lion

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Trevor Ward
Using AF100 in Final Cut X with Mountain Lion
on Nov 12, 2012 at 11:10:48 pm

I just got a new macbook pro, with mountain lion on it and final cut x. I've also just got the Panasonic AF100. I'd like to import the footage but FC isn't recognizing the folder. (I created a folder called "card 1" and copied all the contents of the card into this folder. This is the workflow I've used for several years with AVCHD cams and DSLRs).

I've read something about changing the names of folders, to get to the video files. I've also read something about creating scripts. Then, I'd have to use Compress or some other converter to convert the files into ProRes. But isn't that a freakin pain? And will have to do that for every folder? Isn't Final Cut X supposed to be our savior and work with everything?

Old workflow was copy contents of the card into a folder. Then use Log & Transfer to transcode all my footage into ProRes.

I'm looking on-line but not finding out much. Should I use Premiere for this project?

-Trevor Ward
Red Eye Film Co.
http://www.redeyefilmco.com
Orlando, FL

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Using AF100 in Final Cut X with Mountain Lion
on Nov 13, 2012 at 9:13:12 pm

You should be able to import those directly from the card image. File>Import Media.

Noah

Call Box Training.
Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Panasonic AC160/130.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]