FORUMS: list search recent posts

8mm to DVD via DVX100

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ian Roddy
8mm to DVD via DVX100
on Aug 19, 2012 at 1:34:13 am

I am in the middle of a family project converting our old 8mm family movies to disc. With a meager budget I've gathered a Cinetranz device http://www.ebay.com/itm/FILM-TRANSFER-Telecine-8mm-S8-MOVIES-VIDEO-DVD-Digi... and am using our Sears Dual Eight projector. Filming is done with an old DVX100A.

Now, several nights of testing frame rates and shutter speeds have brought a quandry. I am trying to achieve maximum quality/compatability while avoiding flicker from the projector.

So far my tests have shown shutter speed of 60 is semi-best to avoid significant (near-headache inducing) flicker, but I'm stuck deciding between 24p, 30p and 60i. 60i has resulted in a decent "watching as it happens" feeling similar to watching the projector itself, but I want to ensure I'm not screwing myself by choosing the wrong frame rate out of the gate.

Any wisdom or advice would be good. should I proceed with 60i and rely on after effects/premiere wizardry, or am I approaching the shutter speed aspect wrong?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]