FORUMS: list search recent posts

UV Filter causes a reflection and haze when used on a nikon 50mm 1.4 and Nuvoflex adapter

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Harlan Richter
UV Filter causes a reflection and haze when used on a nikon 50mm 1.4 and Nuvoflex adapter
on Aug 12, 2012 at 2:19:57 am

I was shooting win a room with a lot of windows. This was my first time using the ag af100 Camcorder. I got reflections, almost like seeing 2 different images, and a looki as if you were shooting through a window effect. Can you not use UV filters with the ag a f100? How would you best protect the lens?

Return to posts index

Geoff Addis
Re: UV Filter causes a reflection and haze when used on a nikon 50mm 1.4 and Nuvoflex adapter
on Aug 20, 2012 at 10:31:41 pm

Your problem is not one of the camera, but of the optics, particularly with wide angle lenses. Regardless of lens, the use of any form of filter in front of it is likely to result in increased internal reflections, particularly if shooting directly into a light source. Granted they provide protection for the lens, but for best results avoid their use. If you must use a filter be sure to use an appropriate multi-coated design that helps to reduce internal reflections; these will cost more, but it is worth it. Also,not all lensees are equal, some are better than others when it comes to avoiding internal reflections!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]