FORUMS: list search recent posts

AF100 straight to DVD

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Schneider
AF100 straight to DVD
on Aug 2, 2012 at 2:43:55 pm

I have a client who has an hour to give a presentation for a proposal. They want to give the panel a DVD within 5 minutes of ending the presentation. The camera is the AF100, and due to the time constraint, it seems that a hardware encoding is the only option.

I am wondering if anyone has ever created a DVD from the Video Out or Super Out from the camera itself going to a DVD recorder? IF so, have the results been decent (no screen roll we used to get from BCSP to VHS (Pro to Consumer?). Also, if someone has done it, how have you handled audio.

I guess I could take the headphone out to RCA into the DVD recorder, but then I would worry about the sync because the video and audio are coming from different places. Can HDMI be run through a downconverter and then split? From my research it looks to be possible.

I was looking at this

and then using a consumer DVD recorder.

Does anyone know what version of HDMI is running through the af100?

Obviously cost would be an issue here... I don't intend that this would be a common thing.

I'm open to rentals and/or (reasonable) purchases.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts..

Return to posts index

Petros Kolyvas
Re: AF100 straight to DVD
on Aug 3, 2012 at 2:54:44 am

The AF100 already has a composite video out. Why not use that? It also has the R+L RCA audio outs.

The video quality should be fine since it's down-converted in camera. Connect it directly to the recorder while you roll and voila! Instant DVD. No menus, no lower thirds, but at least it's done essentially immediately.

You have the right idea, you just don't need a box in-between.

There is no intuitive interface, not even the nipple. It's all learned. - Bruce Ediger

Return to posts index

David Schneider
Re: AF100 straight to DVD
on Aug 3, 2012 at 3:31:00 pm

All I can say is DUH. Thank you for reminding me of that. I was totally overcomplicating a really simple solution.

Maybe it is all the long days recently....

Thanks again,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved