FORUMS: list search recent posts

Videos viewable on camera, not on computer

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jordan Schwartz
Videos viewable on camera, not on computer
on Jul 30, 2012 at 9:36:26 pm

I am using a Panasonic AVCHD-155. I recently deleted some files from the SD card folder on the computer, and forgot to re-format the card before shooting more footage. When I insert the card into my computer, I see the folder on my desktop, and inside it is one file that reads "PRIVATE". It is a quicktime file that is over 11GB in size (the approximate size of all my footage). I can't open the file, and none of this information appears in Final Cut Pro. I can, however, see all of the footage on the camera, and it does not appear corrupted in any way.

I have no idea how to get this footage on my computer, and therefore I am turning to you guys for assistance!

Return to posts index

Guy McLoughlin
Re: Videos viewable on camera, not on computer
on Aug 1, 2012 at 8:27:47 pm

Open the memory card on a Windows PC computer, and you should be able to access the "Stream" folder directly, which will contain the new AVCHD video files you shot.

By using your computer to directly delete SD card files you have messed up the file structure that is used to store AVCHD video in 4 GB segments along with the meta-data that describes how these files should be used by your video editor. This is a big no-no. Always use either your camera or your NLE video file interface to delete files, or simply reformat the card with your camera before every new shoot.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]