FORUMS: list search recent posts

I need a secondary camera with XLR to compliment my 7d

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brandon Santiago
I need a secondary camera with XLR to compliment my 7d
on Jun 29, 2012 at 3:17:49 am

I just moved to a 7d camera and am going nuts with worrying about audio. I was thinking of spending around $6,000 for an AF 100 kit, but I'm hearing more cons over pros? In your opinion, would the AF 100 be a good secondary camera? If you had to match another camera with the 7d that had XLR capabilities, what would that camera be? And if you only had $6,000.

I shoot a lot commercials, short films, travel pieces, events, surgeries and science.

Kind regards and cheers

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: I need a secondary camera with XLR to compliment my 7d
on Jun 29, 2012 at 11:11:10 pm

That'd be a pretty rough thing to match in post. Can't you get a second 7D and an audio recorder with XLR such as a Zoom or a Sound Devices? You'll get better sound and sync is pretty easy in post these days. You're already going to have to sync the two angles- why not add great audio and not complicate your life with a very different image you'll be constantly fighting to correct in post.

Noah

Call Box Training.
Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Panasonic AC160/130.

Return to posts index

Bill Bruner
Re: I need a secondary camera with XLR to complement my 7d
on Jul 4, 2012 at 8:03:18 am

Brandon - have you looked at the $5000 Sony NEX-FS100? Better in low light than the AF100 - and, with a $400 Metabones adapter, the NEX is fully compatible with your Canon lenses. Here is a video shot with the 7D, FS100, Metabones adapter and Canon lenses:

Hope this is helpful,

Bill
Hybrid Camera Revolution

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]