FORUMS: list search recent posts

Question for Jan, re Panasonic monitors

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd Terry
Question for Jan, re Panasonic monitors
on Feb 21, 2012 at 9:57:06 pm

Sorry to highjack this forum with a question NOT about any of the specific cameras in this list... but I had a Panasonic monitor question and was hoping Jan might be able to answer since she hosts and posts in here often. There's not a more appropriate Panasonic forum (or any other forum) that I could find.

I'm trying to find out if the BT-LH80WU monitor still exists. I see a couple of vendors (the well-known ones, like B&H) show that it was discontinued quite a long time ago... although some sellers (mostly ones I've never heard of) show to still have it. It's still listed on Panasonic's website under the current stable of monitors.

If it's not still around, what is its equivalent these days? I'm only considering ones with the focus-in-red feature, which does indeed work great. They only one I've found is the BT-LH910G, but it is much bigger than the little BT-LH80WU, which is the useful size for me.

Any info is much appreciated...

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Jan Crittenden Livingston
Re: Question for Jan, re Panasonic monitors
on Feb 21, 2012 at 10:54:02 pm

The BT-LH80 has been discontinued. It has been replaced by the BT-LH910.

Hope that helps,

Jan

Product Manager, AVCCAM, AG-3DA1, AG-AF100
Panasonic Broadcast & TV Systems

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
on Feb 21, 2012 at 11:46:14 pm

[Jan Crittenden Livingston] " It has been replaced by the BT-LH910. Hope that helps,"

Well, it helps knowing the info, but doesn't help me in practicality...ha.

Arrrgh... the BT-LH910 is much too big to be manageable on camera as a focus-puller's monitor, whereas the BT-LH80 was perfect. Dang it... hate it when great products go away! (or are replaced by something that loses the one feature I need... in this case, small size)

Thanks for the info, though...

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Jeff Regan
on Feb 23, 2012 at 3:47:00 am

Omega Broadcast in Austin has B-stock LH80's at a good price. You might also look at TV Logic and Flanders Scientific as alternatives with much more in the way of scopes, markers, loop thru HD SDI, HDMI to HD SDI transcoding(TV Logic).

The Panasonic 910 is a very nice monitor, as was the 900, but larger for sure than an LH80.

Jeff Regan
Shooting Star Video
http://www.ssv.com

Return to posts index

on Feb 23, 2012 at 12:06:35 pm

The 910 is maybe a smidge larger, but it has much better resolution and has additional features for about the same price.

Best,

Jan

Product Manager, AVCCAM, AG-3DA1, AG-AF100
Panasonic Broadcast & TV Systems

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]