FORUMS: list search recent posts

HMC150 Files/Capturing

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Wishart
HMC150 Files/Capturing
on Feb 7, 2012 at 3:28:03 pm

Hello again everyone!

I had watched a video from Shane Ross on workflow with FCP ( http://library.creativecow.net/ross_shane/tapeless-workflow_fcp-7/1 ) and importing tape-less footage. After watching I decided to try transferring files from my AG-HMC150 to my hard drive and then making them a ProRes422LT. I never really had to do this because I never ran into any problems (knock on wood), but his warnings scared me into switching to this method.
I opened my camera once it mounted onto the computer but the files themselves where a format I did not recognize (CPI, MPL, and MTS). So I figured I'd ask the pros first.
Do I need a card reader to make the files recognizable? Or are the files I'm seeing able to be compressed?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Alex-

@AlexWishard
or
@AscensionVisual
OR
Ascenvisuals.com

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: HMC150 Files/Capturing
on Feb 7, 2012 at 4:52:50 pm

That's the basic card structure. Copy everything into one folder per card, preserving the hierarchy and files exactly as they exist on the card. Then point FCP to that folder and it will treat it the same as if you mounted a card directly. That said, a card reader simply does the transfer faster than your camera would and frees it up to keep shooting while you transfer. Plus a decent SDHC card reader costs maybe $20 so it's kind of a no brainer.

Noah

Call Box Training.
Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Panasonic AC160/130.

Return to posts index

Alex Wishart
Re: HMC150 Files/Capturing
on Feb 7, 2012 at 7:51:13 pm

Ah ok. Thank you again Noah. I just wanted to double-check and make sure I was going about this the right way. Thank you for all of your help!

-Alex-

@AlexWishard
or
@AscensionVisual
OR
Ascenvisuals.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]