FORUMS: list search recent posts

AF100 batteries not connecting with camera

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Palmer
AF100 batteries not connecting with camera
on Oct 18, 2011 at 7:38:26 pm

Back story- I'm shooting in the middle east with the Af100 suddenly the camera won't turn on. Quickly switch batteries and ok. This happens repeatedly till non of my three batteries will power the camera. My engineer friend deduced that it's the contacts and mods the batteries with foil slivers and bingo we have power. This works to limp through the rest of the shoots but if the camera is jostled it looses connection and dies.

I'm back in the US and need to get this resolved. There doesn't appear to be any physical damage to either the camera or batteries. my assumption is that the camera side of the connection is damaged but before I send it in and have to rent for 3 weeks I'm seeking second opinions.

I've not found any similar experiences online.

Thoughts?
-Jonathan

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: AF100 batteries not connecting with camera
on Oct 19, 2011 at 9:53:56 pm

I recall reading about someone having a similar problem a few weeks back. Sorry I can;t remember where. Please post back when you find an answer.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Oct 20, 2011 at 10:44:09 pm

That's one of those things I'd get it serviced for. Could be a loose connection or just a badly fitting part. Without that functioning your camera is not reliable- which is the same as having no camera if you think about it.

Noah

Call Box Training.
Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and GoPro HD Hero.

Return to posts index

Jonathan Palmer
on Nov 2, 2011 at 7:01:50 pm

I'm really disappointed with Panasonic. They have had the camera for over a week and just managed to look at it today. Tech says the camera is fine batteries are defective. He told me not to use my batteries with other types of cameras as that's what damaged them. Thanks guy- I didn't - the camera somehow damaged them. No it didn't. Ah- yes it did. No it didn't- your batteries are only warranties for 10 days- go buy new ones.

Brilliant.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]