FORUMS: list search recent posts

dvx100p audio problems

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Reed
dvx100p audio problems
on Oct 12, 2011 at 2:57:09 am

Ok,
Here's my problem. I teach a middle school video class. I have several cheap cameras and just one nice dvx100. Student tips tripod with dvx100p camera over. OUCH! xlr input ch. 2 cracked. Wait three months to find xlr replacement ports. a local electronic shop fixes it (now four months later); he now tells me there's more problems; after all xlr parts are replaced, it still records no audio. so he cleans heads. and still does not work. He now tells me heads need to be replaced.
Is there something he may have overlooked? If not, anyone have a broken dvx100 that they can sell to me for parts.
I appreciate any suggestions or help.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: dvx100p audio problems
on Oct 12, 2011 at 3:40:52 pm

Hmm- it's almost not worth repairing when a $1000 DSLR will shoot circles around it in HD today. I'd try a different repair center. Perhaps you can get a better deal. Panasonic lists the authorized places to get repairs here- http://panasonic.com/business/provideo/support/parts-services/pro-line-repa...

Noah

Call Box Training.
Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and GoPro HD Hero.

Return to posts index

Greg Reed
on Oct 13, 2011 at 2:49:18 am

Well, I agree that a dslr with a good lens is a good option. However, I take what I can get and use the equipment that I have. It's really about storytelling, and I can teach with any camera. But I do hate to get rid of the dvx100. It is a great teaching tool. So if i can pick up a used one or broken one for cheap, that't the route I plan to go for now.

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Oct 13, 2011 at 8:08:14 pm

I agree with Noah. Get it to an approved service center. Your guy is just looking at the obvious stuff. With a drop there are many components that could cause the audio problem. You want a shop with techs very familiar with the camera. They'll have the best shot at diagnosing the issue. I don't know if Macie Video is on the list, but they're a top notch repair shop in the Boston, MA area.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]