FORUMS: list search recent posts

LENS Set Up & Advice

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Wishart
LENS Set Up & Advice
on Sep 28, 2011 at 9:13:52 pm

Howdy Fellow Creative Cow-ers-ists???
I now have an AGHMC150 and my company is looking to do some night shots. What lens and adaptors would work best with this camera?
-Night shots with city lights & bar neon lights
-Would I need a rail system to support the lens? If so, what type would be best?

This is my first dive into night shooting and using different lenses. So I'm excited, nervous, and excited... again... :)
Any information helps. Thank you so much and I hope you are all having a great day so far!

-Alex-

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: LENS Set Up & Advice
on Sep 28, 2011 at 10:34:36 pm

Wait? 150? No such thing as a 'night lens' for this fixed lens camera. Any lens you bolt onto it will still go through the fixed lens. So less light. Better move is use gain, wide open aperture. Shoot on a full moon night (seriously), etc. No lens would help you here above the one already bolted onto the camera.

Noah

Call Box Training.
Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and GoPro HD Hero.

Return to posts index

Erik Naso
on Sep 29, 2011 at 5:44:48 am

I would rent a AF-100 or a Sony F3 with S-Log and some super fast primes. AF-100 will cost around $500 for a one day rental here in San Diego. F3 is more expensive.
I love shooting at night and fast lenses are the only way to go. Shoot wide open and ride your ISO. Maybe rent a LED panel that gets power from a gold mount or V mount battery to fill the dark scenes a little. Unfortunately the camera you have has a fixed lens so no dice for different lens options. Sorry.

Blog http://www.eriknaso.com
My Vimeo Page http://vimeo.com/user626030
Follow me on Twitter @ErikNaso

Return to posts index

Alex Wishart
on Sep 29, 2011 at 4:46:56 pm

Thank you guys for the advice/info. I wasn't even aware that it was a fixed lens since I never expected to shoot at night. But I'll certainly be using the advice you two have given me.
Thank you Noah and Erik! I really appreciate it!

-Alex-

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]