FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Gap on files break

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sebastien Gravel
Audio Gap on files break
on Aug 25, 2011 at 2:36:36 am

I have the following problem on my HMC150. On continuous recording when the camera finishes a clip (at the end of the +-4 gig file) I have an audio gap. For about .5 second or so, there is no audio. Then the audio returns with the beginning of the new file (clip).

I've tried with several different SD cards with the same result.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Guy McLoughlin
Re: Audio Gap on files break
on Aug 25, 2011 at 12:07:50 pm

You have to import your video files using an editor that understands how to read the meta-data on the SDHC card. Copying the files manually creates the audio gap problem.

I use the Device Explorer feature with Sony Vegas to import all my clips, which automatically builds multiple 4 GB file segments in to one long video file with no audio gaps.

Return to posts index

Sebastien Gravel
on Aug 25, 2011 at 1:41:36 pm

Hi. I'm also a Vegas user and copying the files from the card have never been an issue before. I've tried to "import" the clip by going thought the explorer tab, but it makes no difference....

Return to posts index

Guy McLoughlin
on Aug 25, 2011 at 8:14:36 pm

I learned early on that you MUST use a NLE that can read the meta-data from the SDHC card and do a proper import if you want to have long contiguous videos with no audio dropouts.

So for Vegas users it means ALWAYS use DEVICE EXPLORER to import any footage. ( either directly from the camera, which can be slow, or using a SDHC card reader, which is what I use )

Return to posts index

Sebastien Gravel
on Aug 26, 2011 at 11:24:15 am

You are correct! I did the import as per your suggestion and now my audio is fine. Problem solved!

Thanks a lot!

Return to posts index

Uli Plank
on Aug 27, 2011 at 10:08:27 pm

Same with Premiere Pro: always go through Media-Browser.

Director of the Institute of Media Research (IMF) at Braunschweig University of Arts

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]