FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need recommendations - General Purpose light for a corporate HMC-150 system

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William Dedula
Need recommendations - General Purpose light for a corporate HMC-150 system
on Jul 27, 2011 at 1:38:50 pm

Hello All;
I have purchased a HMC-150 for my company about a year ago and am looking for a fairly inexpensive (Under $250) Video Light. Our company is not in the video business but we do like to videotape presentations (In a darkened room or auditorium) as well as Exhibits (In a darkened exhibit hall). We would like portability and low or no maintenance. It is hard to say how far we will be from the subject. We would like something fairly easy to use that doesn't require training since we are not video experts.

Anyone have any recommendations/suggestions ? I need to make a purchase today and would like to get some ideas as soon as possible.

Are there any LED lights that would work within my price range ? Are there any particular brands/models to look at.

Thanks.

Tim

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Need recommendations - General Purpose light for a corporate HMC-150 system
on Jul 31, 2011 at 9:46:22 pm

Your budget is fairly low if you want to be able to achieve a simple balanced look. You don't have to go crazy with the budget, but $250 is skimpy. Checkout Alzo Video for high-quality lights with very reasonable pricing. There's a link to their video tutorials at the bottom of the page. It might help you form ideas of the number and kind of lights you'll need to get the job done. Last suggestion is to browse the Lighting Design Pros Forum on the COW.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]