FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVCHD SD card damaged

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>

Sean Caughey
AVCHD SD card damaged
on Jul 24, 2011 at 5:21:12 pm

Good morning everyone- This is my first post to this invaluable site, so I know I'll get some good advice.
Here's my problem. I shot an event on an SD card and I believe part of the card is corrupt, because I'm having difficulty converting it. Only part of the card is giving me fits, I can access most of it.
Here are my specs. I shot the footage using my HMC 150, in 1080/24p, I have an iMac 10.6.6 and edit on Final Cut Pro 7. When I try Log and Transfer, FCP gives me an error message and won't allow me to convert those specific MTS files. Out of 35 MTS files, there's only about three that are giving me fits. So I tried to copy the SD card onto my hard drive and use L&T from there, but that didn't work. Then I tried Roxio Toast, no luck. I tried ClipWrap. No dice. I'm considering Voltaic. because they advertise that they can convert corrupt files. Anyone have luck with that?
I've also been in contact with someone from Panasonic and they suggest using AVCCAM Restorer, which I'm a bit nervous about. Some forum users said that they used it and it erased all their footage!
So, what do you guys think? I really need to finish this project. My client is getting antsy. Help!!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: AVCHD SD card damaged
on Jul 25, 2011 at 7:17:51 am

Do you still have the original card? Have you tried one of those card restore apps yet?

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and GoPro HD Hero.

Return to posts index

Jan Crittenden Livingston
on Jul 25, 2011 at 10:41:57 am

Try the AVCCAM Restorer. Put the card back into the camera and see if the camera detects those files. If so, something else is the culprit. If nott, run the repair clip function.

Best,

Jan

Jan Crittenden Livingston
Product Manager, AVCCAM, AG-3DA1, AG-AF100
Panasonic Broadcast & TV Systems

Return to posts index

Sean Caughey
on Jul 25, 2011 at 9:36:13 pm

Thanks guys.

Noah- What card restore apps are you referring to? The AVCCAM Restorer specifically or is there something else?

Jan- I thought there was a repair clip function when you put the card in the camera, but I'll be damned if I can figure out how to run it. I searched all over the camera menus and cant find an option to repair damaged card. I even looked in the hmc150 manual and couldn't find anything!

Return to posts index

Dallas Bodin
on Mar 23, 2012 at 9:59:25 pm

See this thread for my solution: http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/122/861648

Mac Pro 3,1
8 GB RAM
Mac OS 10.5.8
Blackmagic Intensity
FCP 7

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]