FORUMS: list search recent posts

What settings do I want to make sure skin tone is sharp?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noam Osband
What settings do I want to make sure skin tone is sharp?
on Jul 15, 2011 at 5:14:42 pm

i've been doing a lot of closeups of people I'm interviewing, and I feel like their skin is often a bit soft when I get home and watch the footage. This problem has been most noticeable on either white skin or a light skinned person of color.

Which settings do I want to play with on my camera to make skin as crisp as possible (metaphorically speaking of course....)? I was thinking of raising Detail Coring. Is that wise? Are there other settings to think of playing with?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: What settings do I want to make sure skin tone is sharp?
on Jul 15, 2011 at 7:00:48 pm

I'd be a little careful- "sharp" skin is often unflattering and revealing of less than perfect makeup. Most experienced DPs err on the side of soft pleasing skin. But yeah you can crank up your detail if you really want to...

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and GoPro HD Hero.

Return to posts index

Noam Osband
on Jul 15, 2011 at 7:28:57 pm

In a weird way, I kind of want that effect. I do documentary stuff, and I feel like the imperfections make a face more interesting than one that's too smooth.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jul 15, 2011 at 8:12:48 pm

Heh- you may make yourself very unpopular with subjects that way.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and GoPro HD Hero.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]