FORUMS: list search recent posts

What kind of camcorders might give footage that looks the same as the 24p 1920x1080 footage i get with my HMC-150?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noam Osband
What kind of camcorders might give footage that looks the same as the 24p 1920x1080 footage i get with my HMC-150?
on Jul 13, 2011 at 4:10:16 pm

I'm making a film that is a long interview with one subject ala Errol Morris' "First Person" series. i want several cameras on the person at once. My main camera is the HMC-150 but I'd like to set up two small camcorders to also record at the same time. I'll be shooting in 1920x1080 24fps. If I want my footage to match, do i need to use a Panasonic camcorder? Similarly, if i shoot in anything other than 24fps, will it look weird when I try to edit it in 24fps? I know it's possible to do that but that doesnt mean it looks good....

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: What kind of camcorders might give footage that looks the same as the 24p 1920x1080 footage i get with my HMC-150?
on Jul 13, 2011 at 6:27:09 pm

Well it just comes down to how much time you want to spend in post matching things up. If you use another one of the same camera at 24p your match will be a lot closer, especially if you take the time to carefully calibrate both cameras on a good monitor. Going to a different camera will make this harder. Going to a different frame rate will make it closer to impossible.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and GoPro HD Hero.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]