FORUMS: list search recent posts

File won't import into FCP - crashes FCP

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carlos Cuellar
File won't import into FCP - crashes FCP
on Jul 12, 2011 at 2:59:39 pm

We filmed a 2 hour clip on an AF100 and when I try to Log and Transfer into FCP the transfer goes until the end of the clip and then crashes FCP. All of the other clips on the card import without any problems. I have tried transferring from the files that were copied to a hard drive and the card. We tried marking an out before the end of the clip and that did not work either.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Erik Naso
Re: File won't import into FCP - crashes FCP
on Jul 12, 2011 at 5:49:45 pm

Can you scrub the clip in preview? Try in and outs maybe a 1/4 of the way into the clip. Keep trying to take chunks in.

Blog http://www.eriknaso.com
My Vimeo Page http://vimeo.com/user626030
Follow me on Twitter @ErikNaso

Return to posts index

Carlos Cuellar
on Jul 12, 2011 at 5:55:40 pm

That is what I am trying now. Thanks

Return to posts index

Carlos Cuellar
on Jul 12, 2011 at 7:23:32 pm

The first half transferred fine. I can scroll through the second half and it plays OK. WHen I try to mark a new out the cursor jumps ahead5-10 minutes from the desired out point as though on a spring.
I tried moving the end markers and using that as an out and am waiting to see.
I wonder if anyone recorded and imported a 2 hour clip?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jul 12, 2011 at 8:43:39 pm

Sometimes the simple things can make a big difference. When was the last time you quit FCP, restarted your machine, shut your machine down and started it up again, or trashed FCP Preferences?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Uli Plank
on Jul 13, 2011 at 9:24:06 am

Worst case you can give MPEG Streamclip or Grinder a try to transfer your AVCHDs to ProRes.

Director of the Institute of Media Research (IMF) at Braunschweig University of Arts

Return to posts index

Erik Naso
on Jul 13, 2011 at 3:09:05 pm

What brand and type of SD card is it that your having issues with?

Blog http://www.eriknaso.com
My Vimeo Page http://vimeo.com/user626030
Follow me on Twitter @ErikNaso

Return to posts index

John Kabasakalis
on Jul 14, 2011 at 9:49:47 pm

This very same thing happened to me last week on my AF100 and 32gb Sandisk card. My clip was 2 hours long. It would crash. The status icon in Log & Transfer flashed a red exclamation point. Turns out it's a Stream Error. It occurred repeatively at a particular point in the 2 hours. It was corrupted for 2-3 frames about an hour into the clip. My solution: Take it in... in segments. When finished... reformat the card. Run another 2 hour clip... problem should disappear.

Return to posts index

Carlos Cuellar
on Jul 15, 2011 at 11:46:54 am

Thank you all for your help. I ended up Log & Transfer in 4 sections and it all came in so there was not a corrupt file. I did try and restart and did check preferences in FCP but they did not work.
I use Scandisk Extreme 30 mb/s 32 gig cards.
In the future I will remember to take it in in sections.
THANKS AGAIN!

Return to posts index

Petros Kolyvas
on Aug 4, 2011 at 6:29:34 pm

We have and use the AF100 regularly and it's probably some kind of combined issue with FCPs Log and Transfer window and possibly the AVCCAM codec.

Clips that would crash FCP7 worked fine in Premiere Pro CS5 - which is ultimately how we ended up getting them out as ProRes and back into FCP7 for cutting.

Our only guess after running into this issue several times, was that the AVCCAM import routine in FCP7 would crash when clips needed to be spanned.

I could be wrong about all this, but we've had an AF100 since they shipped and the behaviour in FCP7 is fine until clips span several files on media.

--
There is no intuitive interface, not even the nipple. It's all learned. - Bruce Ediger

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]