FORUMS: list search recent posts

Basic Question About HMC-150

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave George
Basic Question About HMC-150
on Jul 12, 2011 at 1:33:19 pm

I'm trying to use my HMC-150 to stream video over the Web, and I'm told I need an AV/DV converter. I'm a little confused as to why I'd need to convert to digital video. Isn't the HMC-150 already recording digital video? Can someone straighten me out here? Thanks!

Dave George
Director, Social Media

Return to posts index

Guy McLoughlin
Re: Basic Question About HMC-150
on Jul 12, 2011 at 8:56:29 pm

The HMC-150 records HD video in digital format to it's memory card.

The video that comes out of the HMC-150 AV port is analog, and thus needs to be digitized to use it for video streaming.

The video that comes out of the HMC-150 HDMI port is digital, but then you need a HDMI digital input port on your computer to use the HDMI video feed, and you will likely have to down-scale the HDMI HD image down to SD before it can be used for video streaming.

I looked in to this before and thought that I would buy a used DVX-100 camera for it's SD Firewire port so that I could stream high quality SD video to the web.

Return to posts index

Dave George
on Jul 13, 2011 at 1:29:32 pm

Guy, thanks so much for the thoughtful response. That makes total sense to me now. My goal is also to webstream, so I ran the signal through an AV/DV converter (it arrived yesterday, coincidentally) and it's working very well. (To my utter shock.) (Technical things never work right away for me.) http://www.ustream.tv/channel/it-s-the-booze-talking

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to respond.

Dave

Dave George
Director, Social Media

Return to posts index

Mark Dail
on Jul 8, 2013 at 6:09:20 pm

Do you have to come out of the HDMI port to record the audio/video output into a computer?
So the 2.0 USB will or will not work?
Will any out put need to be downsizes to SD to go into straming/recording on a comuter?

Mark

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]