FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sigma Lens with Af 100

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Romanis
Sigma Lens with Af 100
on Jun 28, 2011 at 12:41:55 am

Is anyone using or has used any of the fast Sigma primes with the AF 100?
Mainly the 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM, 24mm F1.8 EX DG ASP Macro, or the 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM?
If so, what mount was native on the lens and which MFT adapter was used?
Thanks.
Matthew.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Sigma Lens with Af 100
on Jun 29, 2011 at 1:52:32 am

I'd go for Nikon myself- that's a nice mount...

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Canon 7D.

Return to posts index

Matthew Romanis
Re: Sigma Lens with Af 100
on Jul 13, 2011 at 7:46:46 am

UPDATE,
We bought the Sigma 20 f1.8, Sigma 30 f1.4, Sigma 50mm f1.4, and 85mm f1.4 with Nikon mounts.
The 50mm is very impressive, as is the 85mm, yet to have a good test with the 20mm and the 30mm.
None of the these shift the front element when focusing, or extend the barrel, which makes life with the mattebox easier. I have been using the Zeiss ZP.1 glass recently, and while good glass, the breathing barrel drove me bonkers with the mattebox.
I have read reviews where there was concern with the Sigma's sharpness above f2.8, and while this might be a concern with full frame 35mm, the glass is very clean on the 4/3rds sensor, and I have seen none of the vignetting or soft corners that were a concern with the reviews. This is obviously down to the 2x crop factor working in my favour for once!!
Bokeh is very nice, but the lens focus ring is a bit stiff compared to the Zeiss, a smaller .8 wheel on the follow focus should address this issue, though it's not much of a concern.
The 20mm has a manual focus ring, while the rest are controlled with the Novoflex Nikon to 4/3rds adapter ring.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]