FORUMS: list search recent posts

Simple question about the timer. How do I get it only to run when I'm shooting?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noam Osband
Simple question about the timer. How do I get it only to run when I'm shooting?
on Jun 27, 2011 at 11:10:40 pm

I've noticed when looking at media start and stop times on FCP that sometimes the timer stops when I'm not shooting and sometimes it runs when not shooting. I'm not sure what I did that made that change. What controls that? i want it to only run when i'm shooting.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Simple question about the timer. How do I get it only to run when I'm shooting?
on Jun 29, 2011 at 1:51:53 am

You mean timecode? Check your manual regarding REC RUN vs. FREE RUN.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Canon 7D.

Return to posts index

Noam Osband
Re: Simple question about the timer. How do I get it only to run when I'm shooting?
on Jun 29, 2011 at 2:23:46 am

That's it! Thanks. Am I right in thinking that, in a multi camera shoot, an easy way to make editing easier is to reset the counters on all the cameras and then start them all on Run Time at the same time?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jun 29, 2011 at 3:56:04 am

Free run- yes because then they can all be synced from a single remote control and will keep time with or without recording. However, it's easy enough to sync without perfectly matching timecode these days too. For example- http://www.singularsoftware.com/pluraleyes.html

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Canon 7D.

Return to posts index

Noam Osband
on Jun 29, 2011 at 5:09:29 pm

Have you ever used this program? is it good?

Return to posts index

Uli Plank
on Jul 1, 2011 at 8:54:09 am

I've used it an a theatre production with 5 cameras, four of them without TC. Very impressive!

Why not test it? There's a fully functional time-limited demo.

Director of the Institute of Media Research (IMF) at Braunschweig University of Arts

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]