FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVX100B Eye Finder versus LCD Display

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sascha Engel
DVX100B Eye Finder versus LCD Display
on Jun 15, 2011 at 8:46:08 am

Hallo Everybody,

I just shot a Promo with my DVX100B and I came across a Question: Usually I shoot with an external monitor, which was not possible yesterday, so I had to rely on the viewfinder and the LCD Display on the Camera. I suddenly realised, that the eye vviewfinder shows vertically & horizontally about 15% more picture information that the LCD Display. Which one of them is true? What is the actual image I really see later, when importing the Footage to FCP? The difference in the frames is quiet significant.

Any thoughts on that?

Thanx.

Sascha

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: DVX100B Eye Finder versus LCD Display
on Jun 16, 2011 at 3:11:26 am

Can't remember but this is precisely why a good production monitor is useful. I'd be generous in terms of edge framing either on the EVF or monitor as neither is likely to be perfectly overscanned.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Canon 7D.

Return to posts index

Sascha Engel
on Jun 16, 2011 at 6:14:46 am

Yes, I know that, that is why I usually use a monitor.
As I said, it was not possible at that time. So, the question of the LCD versus EVF aroused and
I just would simply like to know, if the image that is ingested in the computer is the one of the LCD or the EVF - since the EVF's image is extended about 15% behind the LCD's image borders.

Thanx.

Sascha

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jun 22, 2011 at 2:09:01 am

It varies from camera to camera- best way to determine for *your camera* is frame up a grid chart and see what what you see in the viewfinder/EVF translates to. http://eyefish.tv/files/images/Lens-Grid-Chart.jpg

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Canon 7D.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]