FORUMS: list search recent posts

Noise, kind of clicking like in background of DVX100B noise - any ideas?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ian Liuzzi-Fedun
Noise, kind of clicking like in background of DVX100B noise - any ideas?
on Jun 6, 2011 at 5:59:00 am

Instead of describing it, I have posted it here:

One is just the noise and the other is the noise with a concert in the background.

Happens with line and mic selection. What is up?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Noise, kind of clicking like in background of DVX100B noise - any ideas?
on Jun 6, 2011 at 3:40:50 pm

No link.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Canon 7D.

Return to posts index

Ian Liuzzi-Fedun
on Jun 6, 2011 at 7:36:00 pm

Sorry:

liuzzifedunstudios.com/test

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jun 6, 2011 at 9:07:43 pm

Need more info- what sorts of mics, wireless systems, cables, etc. Sounds like the standard sort of noise you get when you don't mix quite right i.e. your mics are so far away from the action you turn the level way up, etc.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Canon 7D.

Return to posts index

Ian Liuzzi-Fedun
on Jun 6, 2011 at 9:36:40 pm

I was feeding a sound board into my camera (line level). I have the same issue with an on-board mic. I have the same issue with my HVX200

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jun 6, 2011 at 11:47:27 pm

Again- need more info- what sorts of mics, wireless systems, cables, etc. Pretend like we're not able to see your setup from here.

Noah

Return to posts index

Ian Liuzzi-Fedun
on Jun 7, 2011 at 12:28:51 am

No offense, but the setup shouldn't matter. We did not notice this on the headphone out of the board. We used wireless ULX Shure systems and a VP-88 stereo mic. There was also another wired mic (not sure of the brand).

We used a Tascam Digital board so the XLR out of that went right into the camera.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jun 7, 2011 at 12:46:44 am

Sounds like line level audio being recorded as mic level. Or 50/60hz ground hum from electrical grounding. I.e. was the board plugged into a non-conditioned A/C power outlet- I'd guess probably. Or the more general hum you get from long cable runs/unbalanced audio etc. And you probably didn't notice it when you were recording originally because the level is so low.

If your concern is- is there something wrong with my camera- I doubt it. More like it's just not an ideal audio setup that you had there or perhaps the cables picked up some interference. You should try a mixer with pad controls rather than going directly into the camera next time. What you have there is pretty fixable with a bit of judicious equalization and noise reduction in post though.

Noah

Return to posts index

Ian Liuzzi-Fedun
on Jun 7, 2011 at 12:48:33 am

How do you respond to both my DVX and HVX having the same symptoms when a shotgun is plugged in?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jun 7, 2011 at 5:06:34 am

right exactly- nothing to do with the camera but a symptom from all the other stuff I already suggested. Ask on the audio professionals forum if you want more specific tips on how to mic that kind of setup next time.

Noah

Return to posts index

Ian Liuzzi-Fedun
on Jun 7, 2011 at 5:07:45 am

I don't think you are understanding me. The mirophone that came with the camera (the small shotgun), when plugged in exhibits the same effect. I don't see how that relates to the setup for the concert at all.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jun 7, 2011 at 5:19:48 pm

So take it in for repair- there's not a way we can fix these sorts of things over the web ya know.

Noah

Return to posts index

Chris Cottrell
on Jun 30, 2011 at 4:04:02 pm

[Noah Kadner] "So take it in for repair- there's not a way we can fix these sorts of things over the web ya know."

COULDN'T AGREE MORE.

http://www.tekmg.com

Return to posts index

Chris Cottrell
on Jun 30, 2011 at 4:03:09 pm

A CLICKING SOUND USUALLY INDICATES A LENS ISSUE BELIEVE IT OR NOT. IF YOU CAN GET TO A QUIET ENVIRONMENT, TURN ON THE CAMERA. DO IT A FEW TIMES, USE YOUR FUNCTIONS AS NORMAL. LISTEN CLOSEY FOR ANY PHYSICAL CLICKING COMING FROM THE UNIT. ITS USUALLY FROM THE INTERNAL LENS.

http://www.tekmg.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]