FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVCCAM to DVC Pro Software link??

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neil Hunt
AVCCAM to DVC Pro Software link??
on Jun 3, 2011 at 11:17:54 am

Hi

I'm shooting with the HMC151 and have been using the Cineform codec to convert avchd to avi so I can work in Premiere Pro CS3. However I keep seeing references online to Panasonic's own free software which converts AVCHD to DVCPro HD and thought I'd give this a try to see if it speeds up my workflow. However when I use their link (https://eww.pavc.panasonic.co.jp/pro-av/support/desk/e/download.htm)it just lists a whole range of software and it isn't at all clear which one I'm supposed to download and use (if any). Can someone please advise, many thanks for your time

Neil

Return to posts index

Uli Plank
Re: AVCCAM to DVC Pro Software link??
on Jun 4, 2011 at 8:54:58 am

I don't have that link, but I'd advise to rather go for current Premiere if you can afford it. It will use your native footage, and apart from saving conversion time and space, DVCProHD is not such a great codec, cascading it with H.264 will not be very good for your footage.

Director of the Institute of Media Research (IMF) at Braunschweig University of Arts

Return to posts index

Neil Hunt
on Jun 5, 2011 at 1:40:43 pm

Thanks for your reply Uli

My issue is that even if I upgrade to CS5 my I'm running Windows XP on a dual-core system and I understood that to edit AVCHD natively I would really need a quad-core system and preferably a 64-bit OS. Is that your experience or is this a myth about AVCHD?

Many thanks

Neil

Return to posts index

Uli Plank
on Jun 5, 2011 at 4:17:04 pm

Well, if you want to edit H.264 without transcoding, yes. It's no fun with less, and Premiere Pro in particular runs in 64 bit only.

Director of the Institute of Media Research (IMF) at Braunschweig University of Arts

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]