FORUMS: list search recent posts

Editing in FCP with 24p Advanced Footage

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sara Tekula
Editing in FCP with 24p Advanced Footage
on May 13, 2011 at 12:14:11 am

Aloha,

I am approaching the edit on my first feature film, and need to begin the digitizing process on my own before we hire an editor. I have a lot of familiarity with Final Cut Pro, but have never used 24p Advanced Pull-down Removal footage in a project.

I have searched the threads in this forum and have Googled multiple keywords, and still haven't found a "cut and dry" recommended workflow for my situation.

The footage was shot on a Panasonic DVX-100b in FREE RUN timecode, 24p Advanced,and we have about 120 hours of it. It looks great when played back in camera or on our HDV clamshell deck. We have very detailed logs & transcripts that we're highlighting to find only the best of the best to work with.

I would like to use the Batch Capture option and only import the parts I want to use. I would like to use our Sony HDV Clamshell (24p compatible) deck for importing to avoid wear/tear on our camera.

I really want to digitize the footage so that when we hire and editor and he/she comes on board, they will be happy with how everything has been imported.

Ideally, I'd love to hear a response from an editor who has worked on a documentary project that was shot the same way.

Thanks so much, I hope someone can find the time to send us support. If there's anything we can offer in return for your help, please say the word.

Thanks,

Sara on Maui

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]