FORUMS: list search recent posts

maximum continuous clip length

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Godin
maximum continuous clip length
on May 11, 2011 at 4:54:40 pm

I just used my AG-AF100 to record some talking heads. Their sessions were under an hour so could easily fit them on a 32gig card without having to have the camera flop over to a second card. But the sessions ended up getting cut into two files per speaker, each about 22 minutes or 4.188gigs with the remainder of the talk in subsequent file. Happened 4 times and was not a clean cut. Is there a file size limit?

Rick

You never get hurt in the air!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: maximum continuous clip length
on May 11, 2011 at 6:31:52 pm

Should have been a clean cut- are you sure?

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Canon 7D.

Return to posts index

Rick Godin
on May 11, 2011 at 6:59:36 pm

It was a bit rough, maybe 5-10 frames. Fixed the first one by removing an adjective or two and a mini-dissolve. Hope the others are cleaner cuts.

You never get hurt in the air!

Return to posts index

Guy McLoughlin
on May 11, 2011 at 9:35:15 pm

SDHC and SDXC memory cards are all formatted as FAT32 partitions, which can only store a maximum file size of 4GB.

With longer takes, the camera will automatically split your take into as many 4GB file segments as it takes to store your video, along with meta-data that describes how to assemble these segments back in to your one big video file.

To obtain your original video take, you need to use a NLE that understands how to read AVCCAM files and then convert these back in to the one big video on your computer's hard-drive.

I use Sony Vegas Pro which has a "Device Explorer" feature that will automatically read AVCCAM files from either the camera or from a SD card-reader, and then convert the 4GB segments back in to one big seamless video file.

I know that Adobe Premiere can do this too, though I am not sure about Final Cut Pro.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on May 12, 2011 at 6:45:32 pm

Should work if you go through log and transfer. Trick is to have all the cards copied to your hard drive and ingest them all at once.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Canon 7D.

Return to posts index

jay akerman
on Feb 27, 2013 at 12:54:15 am

I have the same issue, can you elaborate on how it can be fixed through adobe premier?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]