FORUMS: list search recent posts

HMC 150 support for U-1 class SD cards?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael D. Brown
HMC 150 support for U-1 class SD cards?
on May 9, 2011 at 5:45:30 pm

Does anyone know if U-1 SDHC cards can be used in the HMC 150? I'm seeing these promoted as a faster replacement for class 10. Thanks for any advice.
Mike

Mike Brown
Video/Film Producer
American Heart Association

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: HMC 150 support for U-1 class SD cards?
on May 10, 2011 at 5:07:34 am

With the camera's low data rate being fine at Class 6, something over Class 10 would be kinda pointless- i.e. a waste of money for speed you don't need.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Canon 7D.

Return to posts index

Jan Crittenden Livingston
on May 10, 2011 at 10:54:50 am

While Noah is correct about the recording speed and the camera not being able to utilize the speed in record, the UHS-1 cards would be faster in the offload. In that sense could be worth it especially with larger cards, offloads could take longer, but the UHS-1 would offload on a USB3 port at 90MBs.

We have a series of UHS-1 cards coming out that are produced for professional users. They will have some additional safety features built in. Coming in June.

Best,

Jan

Jan Crittenden Livingston
Product Manager, AVCCAM, AG-3DA1, AG-AF100
Panasonic Broadcast & TV Systems

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on May 10, 2011 at 4:22:05 pm

Wonder how my MacBook Air's SD slot works with those UHS-1 cards. I'd be into a faster offload if it can make use of the speed.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Canon 7D.

Return to posts index

Vincent D'Angelis
on Nov 29, 2011 at 11:27:29 am

I currently use a Sandisk U1 card 32g

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]