FORUMS: list search recent posts

Good Monitors for focusing aid?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Romanis
Good Monitors for focusing aid?
on May 6, 2011 at 2:53:07 am

What monitor is anyone using with their AF 100 (or like)?
Which focus aids are useful on off board monitors?

Return to posts index

Uli Plank
Re: Good Monitors for focusing aid?
on May 6, 2011 at 2:34:52 pm

I like Small HD.

Director of the Institute of Media Research (IMF) at Braunschweig University of Arts

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on May 6, 2011 at 3:10:07 pm

+1. Also depends how small you want to go. There's a tradeoff between small rig and easy to see display. Some of the really small one's are not full HD.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Canon 7D.

Return to posts index

Matthew Romanis
on May 9, 2011 at 2:39:16 am

Not looking for too small. Needs to be portable though. I'm concerned that 5.6" is too small. It's not much bigger than the fold out screen.
Is the larger Small HD 8.9" screen available anywhere anymore? Is it any good?
The Panasonic
BT-LH910GJ looks good, especially the 3D assist functions (I have a 3D-A1 too and location 12v monitoring would be nice for that rather than dragging the mains powered screen around all the time.) But it is a little bit more than I care to spend at this time.

Return to posts index

Guy McLoughlin
on May 9, 2011 at 4:50:03 pm

The SmallHD DP1 8.9" monitor has been discontinued, so the only monitors that SmallHD are making is the DP6 5.6" and a new DP4 4.3" monitor. For larger monitors you will have to look at the more expensive Marshall, TV-Logic, Panasonic, Sony, etc...

I think 5.6" is becoming very popular because it's large enough to focus with, yet still compact enough for a hand-held rig.

Return to posts index

Noam Osband
on Jul 26, 2011 at 6:50:17 pm

For those of you with the SmallHD DP6, did you get the Strong Arm6? I'm considering it but I wonder if other options exist that might be better for me.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]