FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon 7d vs 150 hmc

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jose Noguera
Canon 7d vs 150 hmc
on Apr 28, 2011 at 3:58:39 am

Hi

I have a Canon 7d lens Canon 28 to 135 mm and 18 - 55 mm. I use it mainly for recording TV commercial and institutional business. I have no complaints Canon 7d in terms of image quality. The sound is captured by external means, But it generates problems when I do play zoom (zoom out...) Especially for institutional record videos. That's why I'm looking for a camcorder that is good and generally affordable and 3.It costs $ 500 I dOr nott think the HMC150 crazy, Because it solved the problem of zoom and audio, I'm not sure if it's worth buying. As I said before, I agree with the picture quality of my 7d. Can someone guide me in this? Worth buying another camera or there are other ways to solve the problem I have with the 7d? I hope his advice. Greetings.

Pd: The recording format is preferred PAL 1920x1080p. Could be 1280x720 but always progressive (as far as I understand it is preferable to progressive to interlaced... Or not?)

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Canon 7d vs 150 hmc
on Apr 28, 2011 at 5:55:12 am

I'm sorry but I don't understand what the problem is. Your zoom lens is making too much noise or???

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Canon 7D.

Return to posts index

Uli Plank
on Apr 28, 2011 at 6:07:51 am

Which kind of display is showing your films?

Director of the Institute of Media Research (IMF) at Braunschweig University of Arts

Return to posts index

Jose Noguera
on Apr 28, 2011 at 8:58:33 pm

Hello again

Noah, The problem is the difficulty to zoom out or zoom in fluent. Do not get moving the manual zoom ring. There any accessory to achieve clean zoom movements? Also one of the problems I have is the time of filming that I can have with Canon by warming. Is a good idea to buy the hmc 150? Thanks for your interest, I hope your answer.

Uli, Not understand the question correctly, But if you mean the media to be disclosed, Usually customers (corporate videos) as shown in full Monitors HD corporate presentations. In terms of trade, Are emitted to air tv transmision PAL 720x576. In my country still do not have digital tv... Thanks for your interest, I hope your answer.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Apr 29, 2011 at 5:53:43 am

Again I'm not quite getting what you mean. But if you want to zoom smoothly with a lens you definitely want a power zoom lens. That's what you get on a non-DSLR camera such as an HMC150 which has a fixed, power zoom. You can get ENG-style lenses with an adapter for the 7D but the price is several times more than an HMC and 7D put together. In other words you should have both cameras if you need the flexibility of the 7D and the power zoom of the HMC.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Canon 7D.

Return to posts index

Uli Plank
on Apr 29, 2011 at 5:59:23 am

Yes, you answered my question. If it end's up on TVs of different kind, HD or SD, a video camera is fine (the 150 HMC just being one example).

If zooming is so important to you (most professionals don't zoom a lot while filming) you are better off with a video camera too, most have power zooms. Photographic zooms can only be driven more or less smooth with additional gear.

Plus, as you already observed, photographic cameras can overheat after a while. Video cameras don't.

Director of the Institute of Media Research (IMF) at Braunschweig University of Arts

Return to posts index

Al Bergstein
on May 2, 2011 at 5:22:27 am

well, Jose, I'm sorry but your english is getting in the way of understanding your problem, and my non english skills are less than your english skills! Anyway.

I have both a 7D and 150 and they are two different tools for different jobs. the 150 has a very smooth zoom, and yes, despite the modern prevailing attitude that no pro ever uses a zoom function, if you shoot things like stage performances you will use a zoom. It might be edited out, but you will use it. And yes, the 150 or any ENG like camera will perform it better than the zooms on still cameras, like the 7D.That's what they were invented for. Smooth zooming without shifting focus or F stop.

Don't sell your 7D. just add an HMC 150 to your working toolset for normal daily work. And add the look and feel of a 7D when you feel you need it.

Does that make sense?

Alf

Return to posts index

Jose Noguera
on May 10, 2011 at 8:34:30 pm

Noah, Uli and Alf:

Excuse my English, Is the automatic translator, Because I write in Spanish... Thanks for your comments and interest. Now I know that I keep my 7d (I really like) and buy the HMC150 as addition to my work TOOLS. Thank you very much to everyone's attention. Good job!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]