FORUMS: list search recent posts

AF100 Log and Transfer FCP7 FREEZE

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank Kraljic
AF100 Log and Transfer FCP7 FREEZE
on Apr 24, 2011 at 9:45:43 pm

On two separate MacBook Pros (2.66 GHz, Core i7, 8GB RAM) while scrubbing through footage before transferring, FCP will freeze with the "spinning ball of death". This typically occurs after only searching through a few clips.

The source footage is accessed via the internal HDD or an external HDD through FireWire800. Again in both instances, FCP7 will freeze.

Already tried to delete the FCP preferences file. No dice.

Media is recorded onto a Panasonic 48GB SDXC Gold card at 1080/24p with and without VFRs.

I've seen some posts on this elsewhere but with no solid solution. Thoughts anyone?

-FRANK

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: AF100 Log and Transfer FCP7 FREEZE
on Apr 24, 2011 at 11:21:10 pm

How are you feeding the footage into the computer? If it's direct from the camera I suspect you're pushing too much data. Wait for it to ingest first or get a much faster card reader.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Canon 7D.

Return to posts index

Frank Kraljic
on Apr 25, 2011 at 12:00:23 am

Noah,

I've done both via SDXC card reader and off the camera, however both are loaded on a HDD before opening in log and transfer.

-FRANK

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Apr 25, 2011 at 4:30:34 am

Maybe not enough ram, too full a hard drive, hard to say. I'd try trashing your FCP prefs first. Google for how.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Canon 7D.

Return to posts index

Uli Plank
on Apr 25, 2011 at 11:41:38 am

I think he tried trashing the prefs, Noah.

The best method I found is making single disk images from every single card out of the camera and keep them on a fast external disk. Then I mount them and they even show up automatically when I open L&T. Works very well for me, even shuttling very long shots never crashed.

BTW, got me a Minolta Rokkor 2.5 100mm adapted to my AF101 today. Great pictures, and such a smooth focus ring with very long travel. I love it!

Hope this helps,

Uli

Director of the Institute of Media Research (IMF) at Braunschweig University of Arts

Return to posts index

Jeremy Cole
on May 4, 2011 at 8:12:34 pm

For reviewing footage, I use Clipwrap and select the 'rewrap' option. It is very fast. It takes resources, but does not lock up the computer.

Regards,
Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]